windows security update alway failed on all server with error 0x80070002

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum windows security update alway failed on all server with error 0x80070002

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hbe
    Participant

hi,

i am testing batch patch to deploy windows security patch on windows server.

evry .net framework security update fail on all server, here the error on system event:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070002: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2729449).

thanks

doug

Hedi – You emailed us last month citing similar issues with installation failures when trying to install .NET updates. However, all other updates were installing successfully. Generally this means that BatchPatch is working properly. .NET installation failures are likely due to a problem with the target computer that has nothing to do with BatchPatch. I would recommend that you try installing the .NET updates separately from all other updates. See if that helps. If not, you should research the error message/number in google to see if you can find a solution.

Thanks,

Doug

hbe
    Participant

hi doug,

when i install the patch with same file from batch patch cache manually its work, very strange

doug

Indeed, that is strange. It sounds like you’re using BatchPatch in cached mode. One other thing you might try to resolve this issue is to have BatchPatch overwrite the Windows Update cache on the target host(s) in question. If the .NET installation file on the target host is somehow corrupt, this could be a potential cause of failure.

There is a setting available in BatchPatch called “Re-copy/overwrite updates that have already been cached on target hosts,” which is available under ‘Tools > Settings > Windows Update.’ Please check this box and then try again. Let’s see if that has any impact.

-Doug

booster
    Participant

My 2 cents about this: I get the same error message for this KB on systems not using BP but the regular windows update directly on Internet. Some others .NET updates follow, but I didn’t check the exact reason. Maybe a depreciated or specific one depending on installed KB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.