Error Code: 1073741819 when Deploying Software

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Error Code: 1073741819 when Deploying Software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stouthearted
    Participant

I am attempting to push the TITUS Classification Client to remote workstations and I was directed to use the following syntax from their support when only wanting to install the Outlook add-in from the installer:
    “TitusSetup.exe” InstallClient_TCO=1 InstallClient_TCO=0 InstallClient_TCD=0 /quiet

Upon trying to run the above using the deploy tool, I see in the log that files get copied down to the machine but upon executing the above, I get the exit code: -1073741819

doug

This is a C0000005 memory access violation error that is being returned when you attempt to run that. It’s not a BatchPatch error. It’s coming from your attempt to execute that syntax, which likely means that your syntax is not correct. And even if I just look at it without knowing anything about TITUS, I see you have “InstallClient_TCO=1 InstallClient_TCO=0” which seems very weird to assign both a 0 and 1 to the same InstallClient_TCO.

I would suggest you start by taking their recommended syntax and running it at the command line without using BatchPatch. Most likely it’s going to give you the same error at the command prompt, indicating that your syntax is no good.

Make sure you can get it working first at the command prompt before you try to put it into BatchPatch. If it can’t complete successfully at the command prompt, then it definitely isn’t going to work in BatchPatch. If it works at the command prompt but not in BatchPatch then there are two things to consider and check in BatchPatch:

1. The account that it’s running under… Make sure that you are using the same account to execute the command in BatchPatch that worked when executing it at the command prompt.

2. Check the remote execution context under ‘Tools > Settings > Remote Execution’ and try to execute it under ‘SYSTEM’. If no luck with SYSTEM, try to execute it using ‘Elevated token’ + ‘Interactive’. To be clear I’m saying that you would select BOTH ‘Elevated token’ and ‘Interactive’ at the same time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.