Error code 0x80248014

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Error code 0x80248014

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    charles.buck
    Participant

Last friday, for the first time ever, got an error deploying to one of our servers. The lot entry is:

-115: Failed to execute the search. HRESULT: -2145091564

I tried to pull up what this means, and following the notes on your page (https://batchpatch.com/batchpatch-error-102-failed-to-execute-the-search-hresult-xxxxxxxxxx), converted that number to hex (0x80248014). However that error code is not on your page. I followed the link to “Windows Update Error Code” page, but it was also not listed there.

Any ideas as to what this code means?

thanks!

doug

The full error text that appears in the ‘All Messages’ column contains the resolution:

Error -115: Failed to execute the search. Unknown update service. If attempting to use ‘Microsoft Update’ you must first opt-in to the service. See ‘Actions > Windows Updates > Opt-in…’

charles.buck
    Participant

That’s weird – I have been patching this server via BatchPatch for months. Did an initial OptIn when I first added it and have not had any issued.

I was only looking at the error message in the log, where it only shows that one bit that I initially posted. Sorry I missed that full error message in the main display. 🙁

doug

No worries. I’m not sure how that opt-in status could have been changed on its own unless possibly the act of installing a feature update or some other update might have somehow reset it. We haven’t heard of any instances of something like that happening, but it’s the only thing I can think of that might make sense (unless someone else has access to the machine and opted-out manually at the Windows Update control panel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.