Error 1800: The username or password is incorrect

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Error 1800: The username or password is incorrect

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AlexKlein
    Participant

Good afternoon. I have this error (Error 1800: Failed to create remote working directory. Please check permissions on the target directory and verify your working directory path in Tools > Settings. HRESULT -2147023570: The username or password is incorrect) and can’t figure out what username or password is incorrect. I am able to browse to c$ on the server in question from my BatchPatch server without prompts. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

doug

Under ‘Tools > Settings > Remote Execution’ there is a setting for ‘Remote working directory’ which defaults to C:\Program Files\BatchPatch . For everything I say below I will assume you have not changed this setting, but if you have changed it to a different location, then modify my suggestions accordingly.

BatchPatch is trying to create this directory on the target computer but isn’t able to because of a permissions problem. If you have not specified alternate logon credentials for the row in the BatchPatch grid, then BatchPatch uses integrated security and makes the connection to the target computer with the logon account that was used to launch the batchpatch.exe. This account needs to have permission to create the folder, or if you have specified alternate credentials for the row (Actions > Specify alternate logon credentials), then you would need to make sure that account has the permission. Under normal operating circumstances, the way this is accomplished is by adding the account to the local administrators group of the target computer. Normally that is the only thing that needs to be done. However, if you already have that account in the local admins group of the target computer, then it implies that specific folder permissions were modified in a way that is preventing the remote working directory from being created. So for example, maybe permission on C:\Program Files has been modified in a way that is preventing C:\Program Files\BatchPatch from being created. I can’t say for sure that this is what is happening as you’ll need to evaluate exactly what’s going on, but hopefully you get the idea of where to start looking. Also make sure that the account hasn’t expired etc.

AlexKlein
    Participant

Hi Doug. Thank you so much for your quick reply. I’ve verified that permissions on the remote working directory (c:\temp\batchpatch) are set to modify for the BatchPatch user account I use. Also, the same username/password is working successfully on 25 other hosts. Thank you!

doug

You’ll need to figure out what is different between your working machines and your non working machine. There is a permissions problem preventing BP from creating that directory.

AlexKlein
    Participant

It turns out I missed updating a password and the old password was kept in my MRemoteNG (allowing successful logins with the “right” password). Found this out by using the new credentials to execute with psexec. Thanks again!

doug

You’re welcome. I’m glad you got to the bottom of it!

-Doug

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.