Error 1611 on a virtuel server which earlier worked

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Error 1611 on a virtuel server which earlier worked

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by doug.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TED1969
    Participant

Hi there !

I have read the other post about the same issue and found out this….

I have a virtuel server called xxxPDC, it was adde with this name i batchpath and worked for some months.

But now I have the issue Error 1611:2 failure just suddenly.

I cang ping the server and some of the other stuff, but check for avaible updates dont Work anymore.

I have checked psexec \xxxPDC notepad.exe againts the computer and this Works.

In the programfolder i see the remoteagent for some seconds and the errorcode returned.

I have deleted the server, and added it Again wiht same result.

But when I add the server with its ip adress it Works.

I can ping the server with its name.

What could be my problem ???

ps. my server with this issue is a fileserver,and is the only one with this issue out of 30 servers.

Several are server2012r2 like this one.

doug

That’s very peculiar. If IP address works but name does not work, then it sounds like maybe it could be some type of issue with DNS or NetBIOS, but I’m not sure. It could probably also be something else, such as anti-virus, firewall, or host intrusion prevention software.

-Doug

TED1969
    Participant

Hi Doug !

Now I have the problem on another host which also worked earlier.

I run the same antivirus on all servers.

Could it be something with the Psexec version as I read someone else has troubles with ?

Do you have any suggestions for me to try ?

I have checked the DNS and the 2 servers looks just like the other ones 🙁

/Thomas

doug

Thomas – I have never seen or heard of an issue where IP worked properly but computer name did not work, except when DNS or NetBIOS was at fault. However, your issue does sound particularly strange. It seems to me that as a workaround you should just make sure to use IP address for those 2 machines until you are able to resolve the root cause of the problem.

As for whether or not it could be a PsExec problem, it’s certainly possible but it’s hard to say for sure, especially considering that PsExec is working properly for you when you run it at the command line. However, if you still suspect an issue with PsExec, then certainly you can/should try a different old version of PsExec if you’re able to obtain such a version, or you could try to use the free PaExec (rename PaExec to PsExec and test). You can/should also try any other suggestions in that other forum posting. Another option is to try running BatchPatch from a different computer in case the problem is not the target computers but rather is with the computer you are currently using to run BP.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.