Error -1047527155

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by doug.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mikeb
    Participant

I’m using BatchPatch to install Win10 1909 on my domain PCs. It’s working great at our main site, but at our branch office, they’re all erroring with -1047527155. I exported the deployment and imported it onto the server in the branch office, and I’m using a domain admin account to do the install. I can’t find what that error means anywhere.

doug

The return code comes from the installer, not from BatchPatch. We have not seen that particular one before. The HEX representation is c190010d. For googling purposes, use the HEX value.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/resolution-procedures

0XC190010d MOSETUP_E_INVALID_CMD_LINE The installation process was launched with an invalid command-line argument.

Invalid command-line argument seems very peculiar. Implies that the issue is with your deployment syntax. I would try creating the deployment from scratch in BatchPatch as a start. While I don’t know how/why there would be a problem with your existing deployment since you imported it from a working deployment, the error implies that there is something wrong with the actual syntax. So to ensure that there isn’t somehow something invalid or corrupt in the deployment config (we have never heard of this happening before from an export/import), follow the instructions here to create a brand new deployment from scratch: https://batchpatch.com/deploying-windows-feature-upgrades-remotely-to-multiple-computers

If that doesn’t work, my next suggestion is pick a computer that produces the error and then try to run the Windows 10 upgrade manually (without BatchPatch) from the same installation media that you are using for the deployment. See if you have success. This would tell us that the issue is related to the deployment process as opposed to the issue being with Windows not being able to perform the upgrade for one reason or another. Also, if Windows cannot perform the deployment, it might pop a better message to tell you why it cannot proceed/complete.

Additionally, you can check through the log files mentioned at the Microsoft link at the top of the page and see if anything is revealed about the cause of the problem.

Please report back with anything you learn.

Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.