Display bug in v2015.1.12.13.25?

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Display bug in v2015.1.12.13.25?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    timma
    Participant

Hi Doug,

I think there might be a grid display bug in 2015.1.12.13.25.

Field = Get Information Output Log

I’m running a User-defined command of “wmic computersystem get model”. Wmic returns a 2 line output — the header and then the value on the next line. The batchpatch grid only shows the first line. But if I middle-click to show cell content, it shows me the entire output.

I checked the previous version of Batchpatch (2014.8.13.22.50) that I had and it shows the entire content in the grid.

thanks!

tim

doug

Hi Timma – Thank you for pointing this out. It’s not really a bug, but we will see if we can figure out a better way to handle it. The situation is that in the previous version the column was set to not wrap text. In the new version it is set to wrap text. The output of the command that you are using is in the format:

Model

<actual model name>

So, the way that it’s displaying now in the new version is technically correct. The old version was removing the wrap, which in the case of this particular command happens to be convenient because it allows you to see everything. For other outputs, however, it makes the formatting worse.

I think moving forward the best solution will be for us to provide a setting for the user to be able to enable/disable wrapping.

In the meantime, it looks like we left wrap=false for the ‘Remote Command Output Log’ column, so you can use that to get what you’re looking for until we release an update.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Doug

timma
    Participant

Thanks for the quickly reply. That makes sense. I can see how not wrapping could make the output undesirable. I was also able to get the output that I wanted by modifying my command to “wmic computersystem get model /format:textvaluelist”

doug

That is a fantastic workaround that I wasn’t aware of! Thanks for mentioning it.

-Doug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.