Check Windows Update Error 2250

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Check Windows Update Error 2250

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Serincino
    Participant

I have a couple of server, some 2008 and some 2003, all are on a different domain than which BatchPatch is installed in. I have set the “use other credentials” to a domain admin in the other domain. When I select Check Windows Updates I get a reply in the window of Error 2250.

If I select any of the Get Information items it retrieves the information with no issues. Not all the servers in the other domain are doing this.

I’ve see another post about Error 2250 in the forums, but the answer there was a MS KB about turning on all notifications. I’ve done this with no success. Any Ideas?

doug

I responded directly to the email you sent me. Let’s figure out the issue over email, and then I’ll post the resolution here afterward, once we’ve figured out what’s going on.

Thanks,

Doug

doug

We eventually discovered that McAfee software was causing the problem. Disabling it on the target host (or adding an exclusion for BatchPatchRemoteAgent.exe and PSEXECSVC.exe) solved the problem.

-Doug

doug

We have isolated the issue that’s causing the 2250 error, and the fix for it was published in the build released on January 1, 2014.

If you need to work around this issue for some reason, follow the steps below:

The workaround that we are recommending for the time being is to stop using alternate credentials within BatchPatch. Instead, launch BatchPatch with the credentials of the other user, as described below.

1. Place BatchPatch.exe in a public directory, such as C:Program FilesBatchPatchBatchPatch.exe. For this workaround to be successful it is NOT sufficient to run BatchPatch from a user profile directory such as the desktop.

2. Launch BatchPatch from the public directory by shift-right-clicking on it and choosing “run as different user.” And then use the credentials of a user that has local administrative permissions on target computers.

3. Once BatchPatch is running as the different user, you can start patching target systems without using alternate credentials. Just use integrated security and everything will work.

4. Launch one separate instance of BatchPatch for each set of credentials that you desire to use for patching target systems.

gsmith@cherwell.oxon.sch.uk
    Participant

hi,

can you please write in ful the path for the batchpatchagent.exe i can’t seem to locate it 🙁

thanks

giles.

gsmith@cherwell.oxon.sch.uk
    Participant

found it C:Program FilesBatchPatchBatchPatchRemoteAgent.exe

was tricky cos it keeps on disappearing 🙁

doug

It keeps disappearing because it is only temporarily deployed by BatchPatch and then removed when BatchPatch is done working.

-Doug

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.