Batch Patch Windows 2012 R2

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Batch Patch Windows 2012 R2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jday_23
    Participant

Hi I am experiencing the error below when patching 2012 R2 servers.

In the console the Error is -503.

The batch patch log files lists error -503: Unable to retrieve the isDownloaded state of an update in the collection. HRESULT: -2145091577.

Any idea what could be causing it?

doug

I emailed you directly to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,

Doug

camatdatacom
    Participant

Hi Doug,

I’m also getting this issue. Any update on how to solve?

doug

camadatacom – jday_23 never responded to my email, and no one else reported it, so we were unable to test or troubleshoot further. I will email you so that we can work on the issue more directly.

Thanks,

Doug

doug

This is definitely an odd issue. There is either an problem with the update file itself or with the windows updates database information about the particular update. You might have success in fixing the problematic update if you stop the wuauserv service, then rename the C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution folder, then start the service.

However, as a workaround for right now, I believe you should be able to hide the particular problematic update using BatchPatch Windows Updates > Hide/unhide action, after which you would then be able to continue installing all the other updates. You can later unhide it if you wish.

Separately, in the next release of BatchPatch we will modify the code so that instead of failing to install all updates, when an issue like this is encountered it will simply skip the problematic update and continue installing the other updates (in most cases it already does skip issues like this, but for this particularly case it does not, apparently).

Thanks

Doug

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.