Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    doug

Please take a look at the following information on authentication in various different types of setups:

Blog Posting – BatchPatch Authentication In Domain And Non-Domain Workgroup Environments

markclout
    Participant

I created a user and added that user to the Domain Admins group. The Domain Admins group has local rights on every computer. I still get Access Denied when trying to contact a server. Is this not a suitable configuration?

Thanks.

Mark

doug

Mark – Yes, that is normally sufficient. However, if you’ve done that and are still having problems then presumably the permissions on that machine have been modified at some point in time in some way such that you’re having issues now. I would suggest taking a look at Microsoft’s page for troubleshooting WMI access denied issues:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa394603%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

-Doug

markclout
    Participant

Thank you Doug. Sorry, it turns out I just needed to log off and back on. Looks to be working fine now.

Mark

doug

Excellent. No problem. Glad it’s working now.

-Doug

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.