Feature Request? Windows Upgrades and Updates in Tandem

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Feature Request? Windows Upgrades and Updates in Tandem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tylerc
    Participant

I have recently discovered that the way to have BatchPatch initiate a Windows Upgrade on an endpoint is to change the setting to ‘Include “Upgrades”‘, which is great, however, is there a way to push out upgrades manually, while still allowing my standard task schedules to execute and patch on patch Tuesdays as usual? It seems based on the settings, you can have one or the other, but I am hoping I am missing something and we can do both somehow, whether it be programmatic or based on queue steps or something along those lines.

Thank you

doug

You have two options:

1. Switch the update classification to ‘Include “Upgrades”‘, then perform the desired upgrades, then switch it back after completion so that when your scheduled tasks execute they’ll be using the desired/correct settings.

2. Perform the upgrade with the ‘Alternate Deployment’ method described at this link starting about halfway down the page: Remotely Deploying Windows Feature Update Version 23H2 to Numerous Computers

We’ll consider other options for a future version.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.