Windows Update: Failed to obtain result

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Windows Update: Failed to obtain result

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SCT
    Participant

While Windows Update queue i got this error

Windows Update: Failed to obtain result “\HOSTC$Program FilesBatchPatchBatchPatchBatchPatchTempResult.log” Not found

Windows Update: Error 1620: 233. Failure

Do i need to create this log data?

doug

Sounds like an issue with PsExec not working properly on that machines. The 233 is a Windows system error code:

ERROR_PIPE_NOT_CONNECTED

233 (0xE9)

No process is on the other end of the pipe.

I would first just test psexec at the cmd prompt from the BP computer to the problematic target computer by doing the following from the cmd prompt of the BP computer:

psexec \targetComputer cmd

And then see if you are able to issue commands successfully. Check for the existence of the psexesvc process on the target computer.

In some cases where psexec isn’t working quite right to a particular target computer, sometimes you can simply run it from a different computer, and similarly you can end up successfully running BP from a different computer.

In other cases switching the version of psexec can seem to help. If you can find a copy of an old version (ideally v1.98), you might have luck using that instead. We’ve even heard of a couple of cases where switching to an old version of psexec and then switching back to the latest version works.

Another option is to try paexec (a clone of psexec), and see if it works in place of psexec.

Also please review this page. The error you are seeing could be caused by the same things that are described here:

troubleshooting-errors-1611-64-1620-64-1611-2250-1620-2250

-Doug

SCT
    Participant

I tried from hyper-v host “psexec \targetVM cmd” but got “no process is on the other end of the pipe”.

The service “PSEXESVC” is running.

From other vm psexec is working.

But it would be nice if i can start BP from the HyperV host.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.