Upgrades, updates, and builds not supported in "Offline" mode

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Upgrades, updates, and builds not supported in "Offline" mode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    flowbass
    Participant

BatchPatch currently does not support MS Upgrades, Updates, and/or new builds for systems that are being managed in “offline” mode. Only security updates correct? Are there plans for this to be supported in a future BatchPatch release?

doug

You can manually deploy upgrades/updates/builds etc in offline environments using the BatchPatch ‘Deployment’ feature. However, BatchPatch ‘offline mode’ for Windows Update is reliant on the WsusScn2.cab file that Microsoft releases monthly. This file only contains information about security updates, service packs, and select other items.

-Doug

flowbass
    Participant

Doug,

Thanks for the clarification. I did finally find out why the “offline” machines were not coming up as needing any updates. I had to first manually install the Servicing stack upate for Windows 10 version 1607: May 17, 2018 (KB4132216). I installed it both manually and through the BatchPatch ‘Deployment’ feature. Afterwards, I ran BatchPatch against the hosts in question and Windows Updates did pick up the rest of the security updates and Cumulative updates. I was able to get both my Windows 2016 and Windows 10 1607 versions to their latest builds of 14393.2608.

Flowbass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.