Unable To Save Local Commands or Tabs

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Unable To Save Local Commands or Tabs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SEWEbber
    Participant

I’m new to BatchPatch and so far I’m very pleased, I do have some issues that I could use assistance with.

1) I’ve setup a script to take a VM Snapshot of my servers prior to patching. If I create/Mofify Local Command 1,then execute it, it will Snap the virtual machines. But it doesnt save so that I can add it as a line item to my Saved Queue. I’ve also tried creating a new user defined command and that doesn’t save either.

2) I’ve setup 3 tabs to break up my patching into phases, selected option to remember tabs from last session under settings, but when I reopen BatchPatch its blank (fresh tab).

Any suggestions?

doug

1. Select ‘Actions > Execute local process/command > Create/modify local commands’. This form with the title ‘Local Process’ User-Defined Commands is where you would save a command to be able to use later inside job queues or from the ‘Execute saved local commands’ menu item. More here: How to Hard-Code Your Own Custom Commands in the BatchPatch Actions Menu

2. The ‘remember open tabs from last session’ setting will not work if you are launching BatchPatch with elevation as administrator. If you are launching BatchPatch normally without using “run-as” then it works as expected. Note, you can alternatively create a .BPP file (BatchPatch Project file) that essentially lets you launch a single .BPP file that will call any number of .BPS files. Explained more here: Getting the Most Out of BatchPatch

3. Also note that if you launch the batchpatch.exe with elevation and make changes or additions such as adding saved local/remote commands etc, then those are saved for the elevated user. If you subsequently launch batchpatch.exe as a standard/different user, you will not see the changes that you made when elevated. And vice versa.

I hope this helps.

-Doug

SEWEbber
    Participant

I think I have the Command issue resolved.

As for the tab issue, I’m not running the application using Run As or any elevation, I only double click to open BatchPatch.exe. Then I go to File/Open and open each of my 3 .bps files creating 3 tabs. Close and reopen and same result only 1 “new” tab.

doug

Hmmm… I can’t reproduce that behavior here and we have not had any other reports of it. Not sure at the moment what to make of it.

For the time being I would suggest you instead either use a .BPP file or note that you can also just highlight the three .bps files and drag and drop them onto the grid to open them (drag-drop only works *without* elevation too), or you can use ‘File > Open’ and then select/highlight all three .bps files to open at once. I hope this helps. I’m sorry that I’m not able to provide a solution for the ‘remember open tabs’ function at this time.

-Doug

SEWEbber
    Participant

No worries, I did just that, created a .BPP file and I’m good to go. Great product!

Thanks,

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.