Synchronize with AD Groups and automaticly use AD user alternate credentials

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Synchronize with AD Groups and automaticly use AD user alternate credentials

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fredx
    Participant

We have a couple of AD domains and we want to do our Windows Updates from one BatchPatch server. We do our maintenance in a couple of groups. I want to make a group with all the test servers from all domains. I can arrange that with “Synchronize batchpatch grid with AD Groups” but I would expect (or hope) that the servers that are read from a domain would be put in the grid with the alternate user credentials you specified in the synchronisation task to read from that AD. But it doesn’t unfortunately. Is there a way to make BatchPatch do that? So I can make groups in every AD with for example all test servers and read them in one BatchPatch grid automatically with the right alternate user credentials for each domain? So I have one Grid with all test servers from all domains which are automatically updated each time when servers are added or removed from the AD groups in the separate AD domains. Hope someone can help me.

doug

The credentials that you specify in the grid synch settings are for connecting to the target domain during the sync to retrieve the list of computers to be synchronized. Currently that is their only purpose/function. We will consider your desire for a future version. In the meantime the way to accomplish your goal is to put each separate domain in its own BatchPatch grid, and then use the grid’s row template feature to automatically populate the alternate credentials fields in the grid when hosts are added during a synch.

Row Template Configurator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.