Slow, freezes my machine

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Slow, freezes my machine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mwhaley
    Participant

Not sure what changed on my machine, but when running BP, my computer pretty much stops responding.

The BP app keeps running and I can move around within it, but nothing outside of that responds at all. But also unable to exit BP and I have to hard reboot my machine to even close BP and log back in.

doug

Sounds like maybe a dialog box (maybe some type of confirmation dialog asking if you want to proceed with an action) popped up behind the main BP window, and so it seemed like BP was frozen when it was actually just waiting for you to respond to the dialog? Does this happen every time you run BP or just happened one time?

The next version (to be released later this summer) of BP forces all confirmation dialogs to remain on top of the main window (along with many new features and lots of other bug fixes and performance tweaks/controls).

-Doug

mwhaley
    Participant

No, that is not the issue. But I know what you mean.

It’s when it’s attempting to nitialize the download/install of updates.

I am now running it from a different machine and it as no issues, so something on my machine causing it to do this.

doug

Hmmm. Weird. Glad you got it working. It’s very difficult to say what the problem might be with your original computer in this case.

-Doug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.