regsvr32 /s twext.dll and regsvr32 /u /s twext.dll giving Exit Code: 4

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum regsvr32 /s twext.dll and regsvr32 /u /s twext.dll giving Exit Code: 4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mortega
    Participant

regsvr32 /s twext.dll and regsvr32 /u /s twext.dll giving Exit Code: 4 on Execute Remote Command. Please advise.

doug

BatchPatch returns the error that was reported by regsvr32 on the target machine, so I don’t think this is a BP error, but rather it’s an error from regsvr32. Googling reveals that the exit 4 is probably indicating an issue with locating the dll in question. Perhaps try the full path instead of just the .dll name?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22094309/regsvr32-exit-codes-documentation

-Doug

mortega
    Participant

Wow… Thank you so much for the quick response and the suggestion. I did some research and ran a test and it turns out that it was failing because it didn’t have the proper registry entry. I found these two settings and created two batch files.

Shadow Copies Disable.bat

regsvr32 /u /s twext.dll

if errorlevel 1 REG ADD HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorer /V NoPreviousVersionsPage /T REG_DWORD /D 1

Shadow Copies Enable.bat

regsvr32 /s twext.dll

if errorlevel 1 REG ADD HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorer /V NoPreviousVersionsPage /T REG_DWORD /D 0

The first time I execute the batch file using Deploy Software batch/script/regkey/etc it worked great but when I run the opposing batch file it shows “Deployment: Executing” and the the path to the copied bat file on the target machine.

I tested the batch file and the first time I ran it on my system it worked as expected but the second time it prompted me for a response. How can I force it to say ‘Yes’? Thanks again for the quick response Doug!

C:UsersmxoDesktop>regsvr32 /u /s twext.dll

C:UsersxxxxxDesktop>if errorlevel 1 REG ADD HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCur

rentVersionExplorer /V NoPreviousVersionsPage /T REG_DWORD /D 1

Value NoPreviousVersionsPage exists, overwrite(Yes/No)?

mortega
    Participant

Forgot to add, that after I manually type in Yes and press Enter, each of the batch files work as expected. I was hoping to get some assistance as to how to automate that response into the is process somehow? Thank you!

doug

Maybe try /f which according to the link below “Adds the registry entry without prompting for confirmation.”

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742162(v=ws.11).aspx

-Doug

mortega
    Participant

Thanks for the info, I’ll give that a shot

mortega
    Participant

Adding the /f at the end of the script worked great! Thank you Doug!

Shadow Copies Disable.bat

regsvr32 /u /s twext.dll

if errorlevel 1 REG ADD HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorer /V NoPreviousVersionsPage /T REG_DWORD /D 1 /f

Shadow Copies Enable.bat

regsvr32 /s twext.dll

if errorlevel 1 REG ADD HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorer /V NoPreviousVersionsPage /T REG_DWORD /D 0 /f

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.