"Privilege not held" message when trying to reboot

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum "Privilege not held" message when trying to reboot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cpremoe
    Participant

I select ‘Reboot (Force Always)’ and and teh reboot message is “Privilege not held”. I set the Credentials to a Domain Admin account and I was able to run Windows Updates so I know I have permissions.

Thanks

Chad

cpremoe
    Participant

Sending Reboot (shutdown /r /f /t 0) works. But would prefer to use reboot normal.

doug

Were you trying to reboot the same computer that BP was running on? So you launched BatchPatch.exe on computerA, but then you put computerA into the grid to try to reboot it? Rebooting “self” is not allowed in some OSes. This is not a BatchPatch restriction but rather is a WMI restriction.

FYI the behavior of ‘shutdown.exe /r /f /t 0’ is effectively identical to ‘Reboot (Force Always)’ so it’s fine to use.

cpremoe
    Participant

No, I’m not trying to reboot the same machine BP is running on. I’m running BP on my workstation and am trying to patch and reboot my severs. Running Windows updates succeeds, but the reboot is returning “Privilege not held” on all servers 5 servers I’ve tried so far.

Servers are Windows 2012 (not R2)

doug

We have not had any reports of this issue occurring for anyone else. It could be something specific to your environment… and it could actually be a permissions issue of some kind, but I just found this, which might help:

See “resolution for issue 2” at this Microsoft link. They suggest installing a particular update to resolve this. More discussion here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.