Network path not found error

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Network path not found error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    twoj
    Participant

I recently purchased BP for my company, and i have 2 issues come up.

1) On one server I get a ‘Network path not found’ i believe that’s the error, i’m not in front of the screen at this moment. However i believe that the error is happening because whomever setup that server set the OS drive letter to E instead of C. Is it possible you have hardcoded the C drive to copy/launch the process instead of %systemdrive% or whatever the system variable for the OS drive letter? any other suggestions?

2) I install BP on my wsus server and normally i sign in under my own credentials, however today i signed in with the administator credentials and noticed that BP goes into trial mode. I understand your license is for one administrator but in this case one administrator is using 2 user accounts.

Thanks

doug

1. If you look in Tools > Settings, you’ll see that the default setting for the BatchPatch.log location is on the C drive of the remote computer, so that might be where it’s failing. If there is no C drive, you’d have to change this path in Tools > Settings in order to get things to work for now. If that doesn’t fix the problem, then please post the contents of the entire “All Messages” column here after reproducing the error so that I can see what’s happening. Doubleclick the row to expand the column, then copy and paste.

2. Re-enter the license info under the new account.

-Doug

twoj
    Participant

If i’m not mistaken would this not cause the default location for all computers in the list to default to E? Which is not really an options since this is the exception with the root drive as E. I’m not worried about it since i’ll probably reformat that server soon and return it to the default c drive. However maybe as a suggestion to be able to find a way to save the log to the default windows drive, or perhaps add a bypass on a server-per-server basis to allow it to save to a drive other than the default?

Thanks

doug

You’re correct. Thanks for pointing it out as there is definitely some room for improvement here.

-Doug

twoj
    Participant

Hi Doug

Any chance of updating BP with the %systemdrive% variable? i caught myself again on another server that has the OS on D instead of C and getting the network path not found?

thanks

doug

twoj – hang in there. At the moment you’ll have to workaround it by temporarily modifying the remote log path just for that single server and then changing it back. The %systemdrive% variable option is not viable in BatchPatch for various reasons, but having BP fallback to the windows path might work or changing the setting from global to per-host would work too. It’s on the to-do list.

-Doug

doug

As of 20130805 when you view the WindowsUpdate.log file it will it will look in the system drive, regardless of what drive letter that is.

-Doug

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.