Microsoft Office 2010 Silent Uninstall – Multiple Workstations

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Microsoft Office 2010 Silent Uninstall – Multiple Workstations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jkeplinger
    Participant

Let me start by saying I am new to BatchPatch. I am trying to uninstall Office 2010 remotely on multiple devices within our domain. I am working on some testing and this is what I have so far created. I am trying to use a Job Queue process step one is to move a folder to the root of the C drive and then step two runs a remote command.

Config.xml:

<Configuration Product=”ProPlus”>

<Display Level=”none” CompletionNotice=”No” SuppressModal=”yes” AcceptEula=”Yes” /> <Setting Id=”SETUP_REBOOT” Value=”Never” />

</Configuration>

I am then trying to run the following Remote Command which does not work:

C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesMicrosoft SharedOFFICE14Office Setup Controllersetup.exe /uninstall ProPlus /config c:batchpatchconfig.xml

When I have the files loaded and I try to run Exeute Remote Command 1 or 2 I keep getting Exit Code: 2 and I am not able to figure out why this will not work.

If I am on the local workstation and I run the command from the controller folder: setup.exe /uninstall ProPlus /config c:batchpatchconfig.xml everything works as expected and office is removed.

I did review the posting

https://batchpatch.com/forum/topic/silent-uninstallation-of-microsoft-product#post-80922

This posting got me to this point but I cannot figure out how to get the uninstall to work.

Please Help.

doug

Unfortunately I don’t have an installation of Office 2010 ProPlus that I can experiment with. However, I think your issue here is that you need quotes.

Try:

"C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesMicrosoft SharedOFFICE14Office Setup Controllersetup.exe" /uninstall ProPlus /config c:batchpatchconfig.xml

Let me know. If that doesn’t work I can make some other suggestions.

-Doug

jkeplinger
    Participant

Thanks Doug can’t believe I missed such a simple step. Threw in the “” and this resolved it script ran with no issues.

doug

Excellent! Thanks for confirming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.