Just updated several versions and now unapproved updates are installing

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Just updated several versions and now unapproved updates are installing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    The_Penguin
    Participant

Hi all. Just renewed our update protection, and updated from about 4 or 5 versions back.

Today our WSUS server downloaded the Patch Tuesday updates, and even though I haven’t approved them yet, the new BatchPatch seems to be deploying them all.

I *think* we’re still configured the same way, Server Selection is set to Default/Managed, and get information Windows Update settings on the workstations, returns our WSUS server.

Is there another setting I’m missing?

Thanks.

doug

This sounds like it could be a “dual scan” issue, not an issue with BatchPatch. Please review the following links very carefully. Let me know what you find.

Dual Scan Difficulties

Deciphering Dual Scan

The_Penguin
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll check that, but it’s never been a problem until yesterday.

We definitely don’t have the defer windows updates settings enabled in group policy.

doug

Definitely still review your settings, and in the second link it shows how to see if “dual scan” is actually enabled regardless of what group policy is in use. The problem you are describing really does not seem like an issue or problem or setting with BatchPatch, which has not changed, and which is not causing a problem for any other BatchPatch users.

The_Penguin
    Participant

Thanks again. Those are great articles!

From the powershell command, it definitely appears that dual scan is on, so that’s definitely what’s going on. I’ll fight with it some more today.

doug

Glad to hear that you’re on the right track!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.