Is there a way to change the Windows Update Config through batchpatch?

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Is there a way to change the Windows Update Config through batchpatch?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    greavette
    Participant

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. Currently we use batchpatch to have our small office computers download updates from our WSUS server. But I’d like to know if there was a way to change the config on all our computers back to using Windows Update. What I’d like to do is the following:

1. On our 50 computers (all currently pointing to WSUS), change the config to have all 50 point to Windows Update.

2. I’ll then use batchpatch to check for updates from Windows Update.

3. Then I want to change back the configuration on all 50 computers to again point back to our WSUS server.

Is there a way to do this on all 50 computers in a batch process through batchpatch?

Thank you,

doug

For what you are describing you actually do not need to change the config on the target computers. Instead, I would recommend that you leave the config on the target computers as-is. Then in BatchPatch go to ‘Tools > Settings > Windows Update’ and change the ‘Server Selection’ value to ‘Windows Update.’ Then when you initiate a download/install action in BatchPatch, BP will instruct the target computers to check for updates on Windows Update instead of your local WSUS.

I hope this helps.

-Doug

greavette
    Participant

Excellent Doug! Thanks very much for pointing this out for me. This makes using our WSUS or Windows Update so much easier through Batchpatch. What a great product!

Thank you.

doug

No problem! Glad to hear that BP is working so well for you!

Thanks,

Doug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.