Incorrect uptime calculation

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Incorrect uptime calculation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jagablack
    Participant

Hi Doug,

I am up late again doing patching on my systems and for some reason one of the machines shows an incorrect uptime and last boot time calculation.

The system has been up for 10 minutes in reality, but BatchPatch shows and uptime of 5277 days, or Feb 6, 2000. I checked the actual uptime using uptime.exe and windows task manager and they are in sync. The date/time settings are correct on the system. Any ideas? I tried removing it from the BatchPatch console and re-adding, still shows the wrong time.

Thanks,

Jeremy

jagablack
    Participant

Nevermind, I just rebooted the box again and the stats show correctly now. Weird 1AM gremlins I guess. 😉

doug

Strange. BatchPatch retrieves the LastBootUpTime and LocalDateTime properties from Win32_OperatingSystem to calculate the uptime. Somehow the machine was in a state where Win32_OperatingSystem wasn’t reporting the correct values, but I have no idea why/how. I’ve never seen that happen before. Glad to hear that rebooting fixed it.

-Doug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.