Get 'Logon Screen' Status…

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Get 'Logon Screen' Status…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ajgreen
    Participant

Doug,

I love the ‘Get Logged On Users’ option in the Get Information Menu. I’m looking for the best way to expand on that and Get if the Computer is Locked. My way of finding that information now is to use the ‘Check if process is running’ option from the Services/Processes menu for “logonui.exe”, and then Double-clicking on the computer in the row and view the log to see if it is running.

Any way to get that TRUE/FALSE value to output to one of the columns so that it can be sorted?

Lastly – a potential feature request – to be able to see the username of the user that is logged into the computer(maybe in the same column as ‘Logged on Users’).

Thanks in Advance for your help!

doug

With regard to sorting for existence of logonui.exe, I would recommend creating a custom command under

'Actions > Execute remote process/command > Create/modify remote commands (logged output)'

The command would be:

WMIC PROCESS where name='logonui.exe' get caption

When you run it, in the ‘Remote Command Output Log’ column you’ll see either

No Instance(s) Available.

or

Caption logonui.exe

You should then be able to sort on that column to get the info you need. Also note, you probably already know this, but just in case you don’t… I’m not sure that logonui.exe guarantees that the user is not logged-on. For example, I think the logonui.exe will be running even during an active RDP session. That said, checking for the existence of logonui.exe should probably be used with care.

With regard to your feature request to be able to see the username of the logged-on users. You can already view this in in the ‘Logged On Users’ column. Use ‘View cell contents’ or middle-click the cell to view just that cell or double-click the row to view the entire row’s contents. Example output in the grid is:

Logged On Users
    3 users:
    domainuser1
    domainuser2
    domainuser3

I hope this helps.

-Doug

ajgreen
    Participant

Very helpful indeed, on both points. Thanks.

-Adam

PS – Just renewed for two more years! Keep up the excellent work!

doug

Excellent!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.