Feature request: Get list of remotely opened files.

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Feature request: Get list of remotely opened files.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JC
    Participant

Hello,

First of all, I am VERY happy with the software and would recommend it to anyone who needs to manage updates on a lot of servers/computers. Though there is one feature that would be nice to have:

Before updating a file server, I first check if any users have files open which are located on the server, specifically files opened in “read + write” mode. I do this because I want to avoid restarting while users are busy.

Currently I use a PowerShell script with the follow command to get the information:

openfiles /Query /S $Server /FO CSV /V | ConvertFrom-Csv | Select-Object “Accessed By”, “Open Mode”, “Open File (Pathexecutable)” | Where-Object {$_.”Open Mode” -Eq “Write + Read”} | Out-GridView

This works well, but would work even better if I can pull this information from within BatchPatch.

I did create a local command in BatchPatch that can do this, but due to the amount of information, the output is misaligned and cut off when viewing it via the local command output log tooltip box (accessed with middle mouse button). A grip view similar to that of a consolidated report for available updates would actually be perfect.

Thanks and keep up the awesome work.

doug

Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider this for a future build.

-Doug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.