Exit Code 1642

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jwsalarda
    Participant

Currently testing Batchpatch to deploy MS Office 2013. Already packaged .msp via Office Customization Tool. And tried to deploy to 1 PC after the copying portion I get Exit Code: 1642. Tried to search in the forums but can get any info. Please advise.

doug

1642 is returned by the msp package not by BatchPatch. We recommend that you test an installation package at the command line on a host before deploying with BatchPatch to make sure the package works. Once it’s established as a working package, deploy it with BP.

msi/msp returns codes:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376931(v=vs.85).aspx

ERROR_PATCH_TARGET_NOT_FOUND

“The installer cannot install the upgrade patch because the program being upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch updates a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.”

jwsalarda
    Participant

Thanks for the info Doug, I managed to resolve it. Additional question. Im currently evaluating batchpatch, I noticed when I tried to install some applications i.e. ShadowProtect, VLC Player, it usually stuck-up at Deployment: Executing, it seems it does not end. When I check on the remote pc, I cannot find any batchpatch process running. Do i need to install PSExec on target PCs? please advise.

doug

You need to execute the deployment specifying the silent/quiet installation parameter. See the following link for a detailed explanation of this process:

Understanding and Discovering the Silent Parameters Required to Remotely Deploy Software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.