Could not find file batchpatchresult.log ?

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Could not find file batchpatchresult.log ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GSS34
    Participant

Hi,

I configured my group policy to support WSUS (deployed in my network) and then requested batchpatch to download available updates for a server.

batchpatch-integration-with-wsus-and-group-policy

Error: http://picpaste.com/2015-04-09_19_46_46-10.0.0.50_4011_-_Remote_Desktop_Connection-Wh7leYp8.png

Thanks

doug

It looks like psexec is not executing properly for that particular target computer. The issue has nothing to do with WSUS and group policy.

Try executing psexec at the command line from the BatchPatch computer to the SCVMM2012R2. You can try something like “psexec \SCVMM2012R2 IPCONFIG” as a test (without the quotes).

You need to get psexec working at the command line before BatchPatch will be able to successfully use it.

From the BatchPatch computer you need to be able to access \SCVMM2012R2C$ and \SCVMM2012R2admin$ in order for psexec to work.

The following links might provide some additional help:

using-batchpatch-with-windows-firewall

getting-started-with-batchpatch

batchpatch-ports

GSS34
    Participant

Hi Doug,

Thanks, I will try that. Stupid question, but do I need psexec on the target computer or just the batchpatch machine?

GSS34
    Participant

Just to update – I can run a batchpatch command (such as the above) against SCVMM2012R2 server, and I can access the two shares.

What gives?

doug

If psexec appears to be working properly when used at the cmd prompt against SCVMM2012R2, but you’re still having a problem with BatchPatch producing the error 2, then I would suggest you take a look at SCVMM22012R2 to see if there is any third-party software such as firewall/anti-virus/HIPS that might be interfering with the process and deleting the BatchPatchRemoteAgent.exe or severing the connection between the BatchPatch computer and SCVMM2012R2.

I would also suggest seeing what happens when you try BatchPatch from a different computer against SCVMM2012R2. Are you able to isolate the issue to SCVMM2012R2?

Since the issue is not occurring with other target computers, it does sound like there is something going on with just SCVMM2012R2.

Some other things to try:

If you can find an old version of PsExec, it would be worth trying one to see if it behaves any differently. Also, there’s a free PaExec, which you can try (rename it to psexec) and see if it has a problem too.

You can also try to look at the SCVMM2012R2 to see if the psexesvc service is listed in the services.msc console. Normally that should only be there DURING executing but should be removed automatically when execution completes. If it’s not getting removed, you could try removing it manually by running the following commands in the cmd prompt on SCVMM2012R2:

sc.exe stop psexesvc

sc.exe delete psexesvc

Please also see the following links, which discuss a similar issue:

error-2-very-often-server-2012-r2-on-domain-controllers

error-2-hresult-2147024894-could-not-find-file

GSS34
    Participant

Thanks Doug. I made the file that is not found on SCVMM2012R2 and I now get Error -102: Failed to execute the search (another server gives the same error).

doug

-102 is telling us that the target server is not able to communicate with its update server (WSUS or Windows Update or Microsoft Update). This is generally due to a proxy or network issue or similar.

GSS34
    Participant

Hi Doug, Thanks. That server can ping the WSUS server but let me look into this more. May be a config issue with WSUS/GPO…

jjlandstrom
    Participant

See if you can reach the WSUS server in a browser or test the port with telnet wsus_server 80

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.