Cached Mode Distribution Methodology

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Cached Mode Distribution Methodology

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    J235711
    Participant

I can’t seem to find an answer on the forums about this but I may not be asking the question correctly.

I want to have a set of servers use a network repository to download updates. I understand I can set the cached mode and my “batchpatch computer” will actually do the downloading from the WAN. What I’m curious about is the “batchpatch will handle the distribution of these updates to the servers” part. Does batchpatch funnel the data from the repository location through the client running the software and then to the target computer? Or does it tell the target computer to go directly to the repository location and download the patch from there?

The latter being the behavior i’m looking for, if that type of configuration is possible.

doug

In the current version of BP, BP pushes the updates to the target, which means that they must pass through the BP computer. We recommend keeping the cache dir on the BP computer. We are considering a “pull” methodology in a future version.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.