BPS files do not seem to save full tab contents in X57 version

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum BPS files do not seem to save full tab contents in X57 version

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mike.jones
    Participant

Just installed the latest release and I cannot get any BPS or BPT files to save anything but the host column. I set all the columns up as I want them, save as BPS or BPT and after closing/reopening the file I only have the host column. This was not an issue with the X50 version.

Also is it just me, or is there no functional difference between BPS and BPT files? May be due to this bug but if I save a BPT or a BPS the exact same information is displayed. I would assume that a BPT would leave out hosts, so that it could be used for a template and you add the hosts you want but it doesn’t seem to be working that way.

Noticed that X50/X57 might not be tied to a version number…not sure what that means then.

However we are having this issue in 2014.9.8.17.31 but did not have the problem in 2014.3.7.11.38

doug

Mike – The default behavior BatchPatch (both old and new versions) is to reset the visible columns on startup and new tab creation. This means that when you load a .bps file, it will only show the columns that are populated with data, and it won’t show empty columns. If a column has no data in it, it will not be visible in this default configuration. If you want a column to be automatically visible when you launch a .bps file even if there is no data in it, then you should change the setting under Tools > Settings > Grid preferences. Uncheck the box that says “reset columns on startup and on new tab creation.” Also note, you can still at any time hide/unhide any column in the grid by right-clicking on the column headers and choosing the columns you want to be visible. Lastly, you can prevent certain columns from every being auto-displayed even if they DO have data in them. To do this, modify the “except these columns” button under Tools > Settings > Grid preferences.

A BatchPatch template file (.bpt) is simply a BatchPatch state file (.bps) that has been named with a .bpt extension instead of .bps. When you load a .bpt file into BatchPatch, BatchPatch will not allow you to save over it. When you try to save it, you will instead be forced to “Save As” a .bps file. The Generate template file option on the File menu will enable you to create a .bpt file from any grid in BatchPatch. However, you may also create your own .bpt files by simply renaming existing .bps files with the .bpt

extension.

The X50/X57 that you are seeing is simply how BatchPatch displays the count of rows in the active grid. If you add 103 hosts to the grid, you’ll see X103.

-Doug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.