Batchpatch not getting updates from WSUS

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Batchpatch not getting updates from WSUS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jdibona110
    Participant

WSUS is synchronizing correctly, but every time I run Batchpatch it says “There are no applicable updates”. Batchpatch is indeed pointing to the WSUS server for updates and under Tools>Settings>Windows Update the Server Selection is Default/Managed and there is no filtering of updates. Any ideas?

doug

Please review the BatchPatch FAQ for the following question (number 2 in the FAQ):

“Why does my search for available updates at the Windows Update control panel GUI not report the same number of available updates that BatchPatch reports when I use it to check for available updates on the same target host?”

jdibona110
    Participant

Thanks Doug. I am still having the issue after going through most of these steps. Windows Update Config points to WSUS server. WSUS server is successfully synchronizing updates but I still get “There are no applicable updates – 100% Search Complete” in Batchpatch.

doug

Well I guess the first question is if you are suggesting that BP is reporting an incorrect result, how are you determining that there are applicable updates for the computers that BP is not reporting?

If you have only gone through *most* of the steps, as you said in your posting, I would suggest going through *all* of the steps because all of the steps are all of the possible reasons why BP would give you unexpected results. There really aren’t any other possible reasons, or at least none that we are currently aware of.

-Doug

jdibona110
    Participant

Sorry when I said I went through most of the steps I meant just the ones that apply to us.

doug

All of the steps are the only/all of the reasons that there would be a discrepancy. How are you determining that there are applicable updates for the computers that BP is not reporting?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.