BatchPatch compatibility with Windows 7 64bit and Windows Updates via SCCM 2007

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum BatchPatch compatibility with Windows 7 64bit and Windows Updates via SCCM 2007

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    finaldata
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying out this tool and it seems that it is calling a different windows update api and thus cannot find missing updates that are approved. Sccm client center uses the windows update component in c:windowssyswow64 but Batchpatch uses the windows update component in C:windowssystem32. Is there a way to force this to use the 64bit verseion of WUA? Thanks!

doug

Unfortunately I don’t believe the issue has anything to do with 32 vs 64. There’s something else that SCCM is doing with the target WSUS server, that I believe is the source of this problem. In SCCM 2007, I believe that SCCM essentially takes over the WSUS server that it’s linked to, and this is the cause for WUA searches returning no results. For example, if you look at HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdate on a machine that you’re trying to patch with BatchPatch, you’ll see the WUServer and WUStatusServer registry entries, which will be populated with the update server that SCCM is configured to use. If you have a separate WSUS server that is not linked to SCCM, you can manually change these reg keys to point to the unlinked WSUS server, and then you’ll see that BatchPatch finds updates to download/install.

-Doug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.