BatchPatch Breadcrumb Cleanup?

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum BatchPatch Breadcrumb Cleanup?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kscurloc
    Participant

I’m using BatchPatch to patch and do some automation on a number of servers (~40 or so). I’ve noticed that it leaves breadcrumbs (logs, cache, etc) on each of them, specifically in the c:Program FilesBatchPatch directory.

For compliance reasons, we need to have this directory removed. But I see this as a chicken or an egg scenario. I could use BatchPatch to remove this folder, but it would leave a log of it from that process.

Can you think of any way to have this folder removed? Or perhaps logged locally where BatchPatch is installed instead of on the servers were patching?

I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

doug

Only certain BatchPatch actions will utilize the remote working directory and/or leave log data inside of it. You can delete the remote working directory using ‘Tools > Delete remote working directory’ without leaving any residue. You could also put a deletion command inside of a standard BatchPatch ‘remote process/command’ if you want to add it to a job queue or something like that. Just use a NON-logged-output remote command because it will not leave any residue whereas a logged-output remote command will create the remote working directory (though it generally should not leave anything inside of it unless there is some kind of failure). I would also strongly encourage you to use any deletion command, including the built-in ‘delete remote working directory’ command, on a test computer first just to be safe and to make sure it does exactly what you want because otherwise you run the risk of executing an unintended or unexpected deletion command across a lot of computers at once, which for obvious reasons can have a bad outcome, depending on which directory you delete.

-Doug

kscurloc
    Participant

Ha… had no idea that option was there! Thanks for pointing it out. And thanks for the quick feedback!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.