Backing up BatchPatch settings, jobs, commands

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Backing up BatchPatch settings, jobs, commands

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ncawthon
    Participant

I’ve been searching the forums but I cannot seem to find an answer to this. Is there a place that BatchPatch stores all the custom commands / jobs / etc that you create? I ask this because I recently rebuilt my PC and while I have the saved grids, I had to manually re-create the custom tasks and commands.

It would be a nice feature to be able to save / export those somewhere for this purpose.

doug

Tools > Export / Import

-Doug

ncawthon
    Participant

Huh… I can’t believe I missed that! Sorry for being so oblivious!

PS. My company purchased BatchPatch almost a year ago. I cannot imagine life without it! Thank you for all you have done!

doug

No problem at all. I’m happy to hear that you like the tool so much and that it’s working well for you!

-Doug

ErikMayerstein
    Participant

Hi Doug,

How can i backup the ‘Modify category, description, location, notes, color, etc.’ to share them with other machine, and how can i restore them as well? Or where are these saved to manually backup.

Thank You,

Erik M

doug

Erik – In the current build you’ll have to do this manually. However, thanks for highlighting it. We’ll add these items to ‘Tools > Export’ and ‘Tools > Import’ in the next build. The manual location is in:

HKCUSoftwareBatchPatch

SavedCategoryColumnValues

SavedDescriptionColumnValues

SavedLocationColumnValues

SavedNotesColumnValues

SavedNotes2ColumnValues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.