Access to the path is denied

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Access to the path is denied

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    laurie
    Participant

Hi

I can add,update and control a computer manually no problem but when I assign a Job Queue to do the following (WOL,Wait 5, Update) and then schedule the Job queue I receive the message in the ‘windows Update Message’ textbox

“Access to the path \remoteCompc$Program FilesBatchPatch is denied” and the Job fails to run

I cannot see a folder called BatchPatch on the remote computer either.

Thanks for your help

Laurie

doug

Hi Laurie, it sounds like maybe 5 minutes simply isn’t enough time for the computer to come online after the wake on LAN packet is sent. Have you tried waiting longer… Maybe 10 or 15 min instead of 5?

-Doug

laurie
    Participant

Hi Doug

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately this didn’t fix it. I extended it to 15 min.

Any other ideas?

By the way I thought BatchPatch didn’t create anything on the remote machines but from error message it looks like it was trying to create a folder called \clc-179c$Program FilesBatchPatch and failed.

laurie
    Participant

Hi Doug

Looking at other posts similar to my problem and see that I need to look if the folder is being created in the first place. I can also see why the program creates the folder.

I’ll get back to you

doug

Yes, BP has to create the folder. However, it’s unclear to me why you’d be able to “check for available updates” in BP when the computer is online, but if you wake it up and then try to “check for available updates” in a single job queue, it gets access denied. Sounds like odd behavior. I wonder what would happen if you put a few additional commands in the job queue, in between the wait 15 min and the “check for available updates.” So for example if you did something like:

1. wake on lan

2. wait 15 min

3. get last boot time

4. get c drive space

5. get stopped automatic services

6. wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

7. download available updates

What happens? Does every step fail with access denied? Or does the first one fail with subsequent ones working?

laurie
    Participant

Hi Doug

I found the product works if I use Integrated Security.

Another question however

a) Do I need BatchPatch open and running on a computer with an admin user logged in for the task schedule + job queue to process WSUS commands or can I setup schedules and jobs then shutdown batchPatch and the schedules will processes, say later that night, without a user logged into the computer where batchpatch is installed

doug

Interesting behavior… Not sure what to make if it at the moment but thx for letting me know.

Yes, BP needs to be running in order for the task scheduler to operate.

-Doig

laurie
    Participant

Hi Doug

Well I managed to get the Boss to buy the product but I had a hard time explaining why it will not work as a service. Any thoughts when you might implement this or maybe not at all?

doug

Laurie – thanks for your business. As you can imagine, BP was originally designed with specific requirements. It was to be a real-time tool that was portable and could be launched many times in one session. These fundamental requirements are not particularly compatible with running it as a service. However, we have been toying with some clever ways to make running it as a service an option. And while it likely won’t happen in the very near future, we might move in this direction at some point down the road.

-Doug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.