Access denied to location

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum Access denied to location

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian
    Participant

Hi!

Just downloaded the trial version for some testing and im trying to send out and install creators update through an ISO file but im recieving this error:

Deployment: Error: Access to the path ‘\COMPUTER$C$ProgramFilesBatchPatchdeploymentautorun.inf’ is denied.

Im trying this on several computers and the error message is the same on all. Ive tried adding both a local admin user and my own domain admin user as alternate logon credentials. The firewall is off. And i can see that files are being copied into the clients folder, so it seems like its having issues running the software?

The ISO file is windows 10 with 1709 version from VLSC that works fine when run manually.

doug

When you say you are trying to send out and install the update through an ISO, I don’t really know what you are trying to do.

Are you following the instructions posted here?

If you are following the above-linked instructions that we posted and you are having a permissions problem with autorun.inf I think there are probably two things you could do to resolve the issue.

1. You could probably just delete the autorun.inf file from your source directory. Then when BatchPatch copies all of the files needed for installation from the source to the target, there will be no autorun.inf file, and so it would not produce a permissions issue on the autorun.inf since it does not exist. The autorun.inf file is not needed for deployment, so deleting it is safe/fine.

2. Probably the issue could be resolved by forcing new permissions on the entire source directory that contains the installation files. For whatever reason in your case the autorun.inf file (and perhaps other files?) are apparently retaining permissions that create a problem during deployment.

-Doug

Sebastian
    Participant

Yes i followed the guide.

Its now working after deleting the autostart.inf file, maybe something that could be added at the end of the guide since the error message is quite confusing, thanks Doug!

doug

Glad that worked!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.