-102: Failed to execute the search. HRESULT: -2145107941

BatchPatch Forums Home Forums BatchPatch Support Forum -102: Failed to execute the search. HRESULT: -2145107941

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RichardS
    Participant

Habe oben genannten Fehler bekommen.

BP wurde auf 3 Servern ausgetestet. Alles VMs die komplett gleich eingestellt sind. Zwei funktionieren einwandfrei nur dieser eine liefert oben genannten Fehler.

Wenn ich das richtig interpretiere, dann liegt es am Proxy.

Wie aber bereits gesagt sind alle drei gleich konfiguriert und bei den beiden anderen muss ich auch nichts weiter eingeben.

Admin bin ich auch auf allen dreien.

Hoffe jemand hat ne Idee. Würden gerne das Tool weiter nutzen und auf Vollversion upgraden.

Gruß

RichardS
    Participant

Vielleicht noch als Hinweis: Manuell Updaten funktioniert einwandfrei.

doug

As you pointed out, this is likely an issue with the proxy setup in your environment. Specifically, I believe this is related to proxy authentication. I know you said that the 3 computers are all configured the same, but if they were exactly the same then they would behave the same. They are not behaving the same, so therefore there must be something different about one of them.

Please review the instructions:

'Scenario 2: The Windows Update Agent on target computers is properly configured to use the corporate proxy, but the proxy requires authentication'

Using BatchPatch with an Enterprise Web Proxy

-Doug

RichardS
    Participant

After a Long time now I’ve startet to work on this problem again.

The whitelist within our proxy server is implementet.

If I try to start windows update the Authentication window is poping up, but if I just pres ok without typing in my user it is working just fine.

So how can I tell windows to not ask me for authentication?

Thanks for your answers.

doug

I’m confused by this behavior. You’re saying that you execute a Windows Update action in BatchPatch, but where are you prompted with an authentication window? On the target computer? Is that authentication window from Windows or from custom proxy software?

In any event, the idea here is that if you whitelist the Windows Update domains in your proxy server, then when a computer tries to access those whitelisted sites to download updates, the proxy server will be bypassed altogether and no authentication will be required. If you are prompted somehow for authentication (even if you are able to just click ok without entering credentials), it sounds like something is not setup right. You need to configure the proxy to be bypassed altogether for the Windows Update domains. Currently it sounds like it is not being successfully bypassed.

doug

For all other -102 HRESULT values, please see batchpatch-error-102-failed-to-execute-the-search-hresult-xxxxxxxxxx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.